Re: Using release-monitoring.org [was: uscan roadmap]

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021, Paul Wise wrote:

I think this would be the best path forward - it would probably be not
easy given that it changes entirely how the current system works, but
it might be well worth the effort. Working together with another
distribution would share the work for the distro. I'm sure if we are
willing to join them they would accommodate us if there are any
changes we would require (e.g. login via salsa instead of a fedora
account).

At minimum we would need a way to map from release-monitoring.org
package names to Debian source package names. Assuming they use Fedora
source package names, then the Repology service provides such a mapping
and we could presumably could get a periodic export of that.

release-monitoring.org has the ability to configure distribution-specific names for each package. Take for example pycurl, which has mappings for Fedora, Alpine, and Timesys:

https://release-monitoring.org/project/7973/

It appears there are 314 packages that already have Debian mappings.

Scott