Re: merged-/usr transition: debconf or not?

Luca Bocassi wrote:
> [merged /usr] is the default. It has been the
> default for multiple releases of multiple distributions. All Ubuntu
> installations that were not using this default are now forcibly
> converted upon upgrade to 21.10.
>
> And yet nobody has actually seen [the file disappearance bug]
> happen, to the best of my knowledge.

I already explained why that doesn't prove the bug is a non-issue.  To the contrary; it means there is an enormous installed base of systems where the bug is latent, waiting to cause problems under conditions which we can reasonably expect to occur shortly after the release of bookworm.  Please do not make me repeat myself.

zw