Re: merged-/usr transition: debconf or not?

Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:
> On Nov 10, Sam Hartman <hartmans@suchdamage.org> wrote:
> > I'm sorry, but I think the only way in which that horse is dead is that
> > no one has proposed patches to dpkg.
> Indeed, because the sides of this argument are like three people (one of
> them being the dpkg maintainer) versus everybody else.

It's not a subject of debate.  The dpkg maintainer says that dpkg
does not support what usrmerge does, and that it can lead to package
corruption.  In the previous debian-devel thread on this, it was proven
empirically that he is correct.

> Since some significant work on dpkg is reasonably not forthcoming

Yeah, because _you,_ Marco, prefer to spend your time trying to
gaslight the project into thinking there isn't a critical-severity bug
in usrmerge.  This could have all been over by now if you had rolled
up your sleeves and written the necessary patches for dpkg when
Guillem originally notified you of the problem (in 2016; #848622; the
bug log does not reflect the actual severity, but again that appears
to be all on you).

zw