Re: dash and hidden bashisms in configure scripts

Quoting Richard Laager (2021-11-10 20:16:31)
> Can we just enable LINENO in dash then, let the other packages FTBFS, and
> people who care about the packages that FTBFS can either:

in the best case, a package will FTBFS but it can also happen that the
configure script will just do something different without failing. The right
way to approach this if we want LINENO support in dash would be to rebuild all
packages affected by this with and without dash with LINENO support and check
if those that do not FTBFS still build bit-by-bit reproducibly.

Thanks!

cheers, josch