Re: Multiple teams maintaining one package (proposal)

On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 5:36 AM Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> wrote:
> One solution here could be to recognize multiple teams: the "primary
> one" (by the maintainer's selection) goes into the "Maintainer:" field
> in d/control, and all secondary would go into the "Uploaders:"
> field. This would imply that the package is conform to all team
> policies, except for the salsa location of the package (i.e. a package
> that has the Debian Astro Team as primary team would live in the
> salsa.d.o/debian-astro/team/).

The GNOME and Accessibility Teams co-maintain a few packages. They are
hosted on the GNOME team's Salsa. I believe most have the Maintainer
set to the Accessibility Team (like orca) but atkmm1.6 has the
Maintainer set to the GNOME team.

It works well because the GNOME Team has a lot more packaging style
tweaks than the Accessibility team so it's easy for these packages to
follow GNOME style without conflicting with a different team's style.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha