Re: Proposed mass bug filing: packages without support for build-arch and build-indep

On Sat, Nov 06, 2021 at 11:31:25AM +0100, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> I think severity serious is fine if you use an appropriate Version so that
> this won't block testing migration. I would still prefer if this was filed
> at important severity, and raised to serious after a month or so.

given (too) many maintainers (sometimes) react very emotionally to serious
bugs filed against "their" packages and given we're early in the release cycle
and given this effects some hundred packages I think it would be better to
file these bugs with severity "important"  and then raise the severity a
month later (and announce this in each filed bug from the start.)

This will achieve the same effect from an archive perspective and is hardly
any different (after 8 years in policy) nor any more work.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

The apocalypse is here now, it’s just not equally distributed.