Re: deb822 sources by default for bookworm

On 11/3/21 5:59 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2021 at 05:32:53PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
>> I don't know, to be honest, have not thought about it yet.
>
> many thanks for your verbose reply! /me likes this timeline.
>
>> I think an automatic migration might be to painful what with all the
>> juju and ansible and saltstack (I feel like it'd be nice to have
>> those tools migrate config to new formats).
>
> I guess it would be nice if those tools (and users not using those
> tools) could run one standard tool doing the job :)

This feels like a very nicely thought plans, which I 100% support. I
especially like the timeline for deprecating and removal, which gives
enough time for everyone to support the new format.

So I'm joining to say thank you to Julian.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)