Re: Q. What is the best practice about +dfsg and +ds extension?

Quoting Timo Röhling (2021-10-02 15:12:04)
> * Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> [2021-10-02 15:03]:
> >I use ~ (tilde) as delimiter when possible, to make room for an
> >eventual later release with the issues fixed, without needing ugly
> >versioning or being forced to wait for a later upstream release.
> Has this actually ever happened? I would expect that most upstream
> authors would rather create a new patch release than retroactively
> change the contents of an existing one.

I haven't kept track, but I seem to recall that indeed it has been of
use - not because upstream did a re-release with different content (I
agree that would be rare) but instead a licensing concern later resolved
- i.e. an upstream pristine tarball considered DFSG-incompatible at
first but later (e.g. through conversations with upstream or discussions
within Debian) it turns out that indeed that very tarball does comply
with DFSG.

 - Jonas