Re: Bundling

Hi Jonas,

On 25/09/2021 18:04, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Hi Alec,

Quoting Alec Leamas (2021-09-25 17:47:04)

So, the question: would it be acceptable to bundle the wxWidgets 3.1.5
sources in next OpenCPN release in such a situation?

How do you and OpenCPN upstream expect to handle bugs for that specific
embedded version of wxWidgets?

Sounds more sensible to me to (coordinate with wxwidgets maintainers to
have) wxWidgets 3.1.x packaged as a separate package, tracked with its
proper upstream source.  Then when we get near freeze it can be assessed
how many of the wxWidgets branches we want to include with the upcoming
stable Debian release - and include in that assessment how many packages
reverse-depend on each.

My thinking so far has been that a wxWidgets 3.1.5 package just isn't possible since there is no ABI stability guarantee. Am I wrong?

--alec