Re: Require packages to build without any configured DNS

On ബു, സെപ്റ്റം 8 2021 at 06:10:56 വൈകു +0300 +0300, Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 07:57:20PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
On ബു, സെപ്റ്റം 8 2021 at 04:18:46 വൈകു +0200 +0200, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote: > Therefore, I am in the opinion that we should let the package run its > test as much as possible, especially considering that it's not doing
 > actual network outbound connections.

 Can't we run these tests as autopkgtests?

That would only move the problem elsewhere, since this creates a similar
question whether such tests should need a "needs-internet" restriction
for autopkgtest which might result in them being skipped in most cases.

I don't think the default autopkgtest environment should be as restrictive as the build environment. So adding this to default autopkgtest enviroment is not the same as adding it to default build environment.