Re: Debian choice of upstream tarballs for packaging

Hi Thomas,

On 8/26/21 4:16 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

"git archive" is reproducible, for simplicity I wouldn't use a prefix
though. xz has some issues with reproducibility, AFAIK "-T2" makes it
disable some internal heuristics that are based on the machine it is
running on, and generates consistent output.

Excuse me, but -T in xz looks like to be the number of threads. Did you
mistake it with something else?

No, enabling multithreading with a number of threads > 1 disables a heuristic that optimizes memory usage based on memory available on the machine it is running on, and uses fixed-size buffers.

   Simon