Re: Debian 11 Bullseye Setup Problems Error Report

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 10:15 PM Timothy M Butterworth wrote:

> I give the installer a 5 star rating although I would like to see some
> improvements made to the disk configuration utility. Currently the
> disk configuration utility is non-intuitive and appears to be designed
> for keyboard only navigation as opposed to mouse navigation. No matter
> how many times I use the disk utility I just can not get used to using it.

The issue tracker for the Calamares project is on GitHub:

https://github.com/calamares/calamares/issues

> I have not found any show stopper bugs. I am having an issue in KDE
> Plasma where the desktop fails to load including the wall paper. The
> screen is just black with a functional task bar. Simply logging off
> and logging back in fixes it, so it is just a minor annoyance.

Sounds like something that should be reported upstream:

https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved#Issue_Reporting
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/Issue_Reporting

Once it is fixed upstream, you could talk to the Debian Qt/KDE team
about getting it fixed in the affected Debian versions.

https://qt-kde-team.pages.debian.net/

> Having a dedicated email list and IRC channel for installation related
> concerns seems like a good idea. I could see it getting used.

For the Debian Live installer, there is the upstream Calamares
Matrix/IRC room/channel and the debian-live mailing list and IRC
channel. For the Debian Installer there is the debian-boot mailing
list and IRC channel.

https://github.com/calamares/calamares/

--
bye,