Re: Debian 11 Bullseye Setup Problems Error Report

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:54:17AM +0200, admin4 wrote:
> >> Q1: (question1): why is there nor vi nor less included in the setup?
Both are included, less has Priority: standard, vim-tiny has Priority:
important.

> in theory yes... in reality try this:
>
> wget https://thesquareplanet.com/feed.xml
>
> cat feed.xml |nano # wohooo it works
>
> *Too many errors from stdin**
> *
>
> *Buffer written to nano.save*
>
> *# argh, only works for small files!?*
>
> can not handle large files?
vi doesn't support this either. You just shouldn't pipe files to editors
and call `nano feed.xml` instead.

> "Note that your installation report will be published in the Debian Bug
> Tracking System (BTS) and forwarded to a public mailing list."
>
> "Make sure that you *use an e-mail address that you do not mind being
> made public*"
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s04#submit-bug
> <https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s04#submit-bug>
>
> here we go admin4 into the spam database... for trying to report a
> problem and improve a GNU Linux distribution.
Well, you mailed a mailing list directly instead, doing the same thing.

--
WBR, wRAR