Re: Q: Use https for {deb,security}.debian.org by default

Quoting Jeremy Stanley (2021-08-20 18:34:22)
> > If so, I think the next step would be to open a bug with a summary of this
> > discussion.  I'm happy to do that, but I'm not sure what package owns this
> > configuration.
> It's not owned directly by a particular package, I think D-I and various
> bootstrapping tools independently write it at installation, so the "fixes"
> for this are likely to be in a variety of places.

As the author of one of these "bootstrapping tools" I would appreciate if we
had the information about which distro and release would use which mirror
address stored somewhere in a machine readable format. The switch of the
security mirror line for bullseye or later would've been much easier if we
wouldn't have to fix all tools hardcoding it...

Maybe distro-info-data could carry such information?