Question Re: Advertising in Packages

Hello,

I have a question that I originally posed in debian-vote, but was directed
here instead:

   "Can one advertise non-free services in a Debian package?
    Is doing so a violation of some Debian policy?

Again, if this is the wrong venue, I'm sorry.

The details are filed against firefox[-esr], #992208 [1] (which was
summarily closed without very much discussion).  The non-free services in
question are Amazon, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter.

I would propose we replace these with things like lemmy, mastadon, peertub,
matrix, framasoft, fsf.org, and debian.org.  However, if those become
contentious (and please don't consider this an endorsement by me of every
single one of them), we could just remove all of these pre-seeded
"top sites".

- Antonio

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=992208