Re: XFCE4 notes

On 2021-07-14 20:05 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 14.07.21 um 19:54 schrieb Paul Sutton:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Am I right in thinking that xfce4-notes has been removed?  I have
> > installed xfce4-goodies and it isn't installed.
>
> From unstable/testing that is correct.
>
> See
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xfce4-notes-plugin
> specifically
> https://tracker.debian.org/news/1114283/removed-181-3-from-unstable/

Hmm. That's very annoying. I use it on a daily basis.

I see that the reason is given in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=955349
'uses unmaintained libunique'.

Any further comments on what would be required to get this back?  Was
libunique actually broken/a problem, or merely unmaintained?

Is there something else one should use to do the same job, in which
case maybe the best thing is to update xfce-notes-plugin to use it?
Assuming that's not too difficult I don't mind doing some work to get
it back in a ship-able state.

Or it there something else that is still around that does the same job
as the notes plugin?  It's quite unusual in the way it works.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/