Re: merged /usr

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 at 16:41:42 +0200, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
> Should I rather file bugs with patches against individual packages
> to move their files from /(sbin|bin|lib)/ to /usr/(sbin|bin|lib)/

As discussed in previous iterations of the ongoing merged-/usr megathread,
I don't think this can be the whole solution, because some packages have
paths outside /usr that are part of their Essential functionality.
Prominent examples include /bin/bash and /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2.
See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=978636#118 for
full details.

    smcv