Re: please document why a package has been dropped from Testing/Bullseye

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 06:23:34AM -0500, Michael Lustfield wrote:
> On Sun, 9 May 2021 07:30:04 +0200
> Harald Dunkel <harri@afaics.de> wrote:
> >
> > https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=rsnapshot doesn't tell, so I wonder
> > what is the recommended way to find out why rsnapshot (or any other package)
> > has been dropped from Testing?
>
> I was wondering what the easiest and most sensible way would be to find/share
> this information. My first thought was feeding something like
> 'aptitude search ~o' into a script that checks for RM bugs in the bug tracker.
> It seems like it would be an easy enough trigger to write, but it would be
> time-consuming to run and would add a fair bit of load to the bug tracker.

Hi Michael, it sounds like you would be interested in installing the
how-can-i-help package, where you can run queries pre-filtered to the
list of packages you have locally installed.

	how-can-i-help --old --show no-testing,testing-autorm