Re: Thanks and Decision making working group

Am Sonntag, dem 18.04.2021 um 14:04 +0200 schrieb Jonathan Carter:

[..]
> While this vote caught a lot of heat, essentially it's quite a trivial
> vote.

I think this is wrong. And here is why:

> Ultimately it had become a question of if and how we should
> respond to an external situation.

The vote was actually two votes:

a) Should Debian respond publicly as a project? (the "if)
b) How should such a response read? (the "how")

And I feel that a) should receive a supermajority before b) can be decided by a
normal majority.

FWIW: I don't believe in any of the bullshit written here that Debian should
stay neutral or that this vote backs up that Debian should stay neutral. The
vote was about a very specific case. It might have gone differently if we would
have voted about a Harvey Weinstein or another Hans Reiser within the FOSS
community.

> I think that as Debian grows, as the
> free software eco-system grows, and as software gets ever more ingrained
> in our every day life, the questions and problems we're going to face
> will become increasingly complex and that we should adapt to be able to
> deal with those as a project.

+1

> Can we go ahead and set up such a working group?

+1

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,