Re: Proposed mass-bug filing: missing support for build-arch or build-indep

Hi Lucas,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 03:11:21PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Those targets were made mandatory in Debian Policy 3.9.4 (released in
> August 2012). From the changelog:
>   * build-arch and build-indep are now mandatory targets in debian/rules,
>     implementing the Technical Committee ruling in #629385.  Wording
>     review by Jonathan Nieder, Jakub Wilk, and Roger Leigh.
>     (Closes: #374029)

thanks for following up on these long standing issues! I'm glad to see
we're getting closer in fixing these for all packages in stable ;)

> There are currently 411 packages in testing that do not include those
> targets, according to lintian's debian-rules-missing-recommended-target
> tag.
[...]
> Severity: serious

seems sensible for something being mandatory since nine years.

[...]
> To limit the noise on the debian-bugs-rc list, I will wait until after
> the bullseye release to file those bugs.

I think this is a good plan, thank you!

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

There are many ways to kill. You can stab someone in the guts, take their bread
away,  not heal someone from disease,  put someone in a bad living space,  work
someone to death,  drive them to suicide, lead someone to war etc.  Only few of
these are prohibited in our state." (Bertolt Brecht)