Re: Cancel "culture" is a threat to Debian

> Cancel "culture" activists want Debian to sign a petition regarding
> Richard Stallman's membership in the Board of Directors of the Free Software
> Foundation.
>
> This is not our business. Debian has a mission, and matters of the membership
> of other organisations is not our concern.

Partly.

We, Debian, must learn from it.

Facts:
 * rms was kicked from FSF board
 * rms is back at FSF board

To me it says:
 * There was a time that FSF did internal repairs
 * Current FSF is unaware of their stink

We, Debian, do our internal repairs, we deal with errors[1],
are aware of what our smell is and what our smell will be.

I haven't checked yet all vote options. I will find
an option like

  the membership of other organisations is not our concern

or have to create such option.

Note to all who think I should choose a side:

  It is about choosing whom to work with,
  not to judge with whom not.

A better world starts from within.

> All the best,
>  Dmitry Smirnov
>  GPG key : 4096R/52B6BBD953968D1B
>
> ---
> The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and
> politics, but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the
> endeavor of science.
>     -- Carl Sagan

Regards
Geert Stappers

[1] includes reference to a simular account name
--
Silence is hard to parse