cme now handles lintian-overrides (was: Re: About lintian)

On Wednesday, 27 January 2021 14:26:41 CET Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I can add support to lintian-overrides in cme. I can also add a more or
> > less automatic update of renamed tags.
> >
> > Is this something Debian people would like to see ?
>
> YES. (Since cme rocks - thanks again for working on it.)

Done.

Once libconfig-model-dpkg-perl/experimental is installed on your system,  'cme
check dpkg' checks the contents of all lintian-overrides files and warn about
unknown tags.

The command 'cme fix dpkg' replaces obsolete tags with new tag names.

No other check is done on lintian-overrides files.

I could also provide a cme command that would check only overrides files *only*
(i.e. 'cme fix lintian-overrides' would not touch all the other package files).
This could be useful as a lintian-brush script.

Is this something Debian people would be interested in ?

All the best