Re: Stable Release Installer Not Asking for Firmware: 10.7.0, and 10.8.0

On Mon, Mar 01, 2021 at 09:11:07PM -0800, Bug Report wrote:
> The unofficial, non-free, stable release installer with firmware, doesn't
> recognize Intel Network Card 2723 when selecting the Intel Linux driver.  It
> would be helpful if the firmware, and driver for this network card were
> added to the stable release so that the installer is easier to use by the
> general public.   This problem was detected while installing 10.7.0 and
> 10.8.0 stable release
>
> RS

This is a WiFi card: it's also WiFi 6 and therefore very new,
potentially. It needs non-free iwlwifi - it's possible that the version
in Debian Testing (Bullseye) which has kernel 5.10 might support this
better.

Maybe try the Testing non-free installer? Testing is frozen now for
major transitions on the way to releasing Bullseye later in the year.

You might just have been bitten by the fact that very new hardware often
needs very new software.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy C.