Re: New service: https://debuginfod.debian.net

On Wednesday, February 24 2021, Christoph Berg wrote:

> Re: Sergio Durigan Junior
>> I would like to announce a new service that I have just configured for
>> Debian: https://debuginfod.debian.net.
>
> Very cool!

Thanks!

>> Currently, the elfutils and GDB packages in unstable and testing have
>> native support for using debuginfod.  I will soon propose a change to
>> the elfutils package in order to make it be configured with our
>> debuginfod instance by default, so that users will be able to use the
>> service transparently.
>
> Maybe the service should move to debuginfod.debian.*org* if it's going
> to be a default. (Which I would like to see.)

Yeah, I've been pestering Héctor on and off these past few weeks about
it.  My initial intention was to deploy this using a DSA sanctioned
machine, but I understand that they are extremely busy right now (and I
didn't want to wait), so I decided to go with a debian.net service.

>> For now, debuginfod.debian.net is serving debug information symbols for
>> the following Debian distributions:
>>
>>   - unstable
>
> Can you add experimental?

Yes!

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36