Re: New service: https://debuginfod.debian.net

On Wednesday, February 24 2021, Shengjing Zhu wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:53:14PM -0500, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>> Hello there,
>>
>> I would like to announce a new service that I have just configured for
>> Debian: https://debuginfod.debian.net.
>>

> Thanks a lot for this great service.

Thanks.

> I have two questions.
>
> 1. Do you want to include contrib and nonfree as well?

No, just main.

> 2. Is this site mirror-able, or is the deploy scripts available somewhere?

It is not mirror-able.  Also, there are no deploy scripts: just some
shell scripts that use aptly to mirror the debian-debug repository, and
then a systemd service file for debuginfod.

I intend to put these in a git repository soon-ish.

>    I tried this instance, but I got problems like:
>
>    Download failed: Timer expired.  Continuing without debug info for ...
>
>    So I think it's benefit to setup an instance in my network area too.
>    For those like me, that don't have good quality network to European
>    datacenter.

Hm, that's a bummer.  I mean, you can certainly set up an instance for
you, but it takes a lot of time to mirror debian-debug (some days,
depending on your network connection).  I don't know if that would be
interesting to you, because then you will have to maintain the mirror
up-to-date and all.

Could you please send me more details (in private) about the failure
you've seen?

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36