Re: Proposal: plocate as standard for bookworm

On Mi, 10 feb 21, 12:24:20, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 03:58:39PM -0500, Marvin Renich wrote:
> > These have come to be expected to be on a typical Linux system by almost
> > every technically-knowledgeable Linux user.  Locate does not satisfy
> > that criterion
> (I'm surprised by this, if this is true)

Possibly a consequence of the portability problem, advice on debian-user
will almost always[1] use 'find' whenever the problem / solution
involves searching for files.

For myself, I abandoned 'locate' as soon as I learned 'find', even of
low power systems with storage on SD cards or connected via USB2.

[1] as in: can't remember *any* occurrence in recent years

Kind regards,
Andrei