Re: Manual-page legends

On Thu, Feb 04, 2021 at 10:04:10PM +0100, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> What kind of manpages do you refer to? The kernel ones?

Not kernel, but for a Debian-specific or Debian-derived facility
or utility.

> Could you give an example?

Here are several well-written examples: adduser(8); console-setup(5);
debmirror(1); debootstrap(8); debsums(1); debtags(1); lintian(1);
pbuilder(8); piuparts(1); popularity-contest(8);
reportbug(1); whois(1).

(Admittedly, I was thinking chiefly instead of an unreleased manual
page I have drafted; but mine is under negotiation with Debian
Developers whose work it affects.  It cannot yet be posted.)

If any Maintainer notices that my list overlooks a Debian-specific
or Debian-derived manual page he or she has written that makes a good
example, would he or she kindly add it to the list?