Re: Release plan page design

Hi Aaron,
On 13-01-2021 22:22, Aaron Dewes wrote:
> The page https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html
> currently says a stylesheet for the table should be added. As this is
> not yet the case, I have created an in my opinion easier to read table
> that contains a new stylesheet and a few slight tweaks. I have the HTML
> of the page attached if anyone is interested, and the table below.

The source of this page can be found at [1], we welcome MR that make
things clearer (without changing our meaning). The source is in
MarkDown, so I fear attaching the HTML isn't so useful to incorporate.

> Improvements were:
>
> - Added a stylesheet

That seems to be missing from the message, please include it in your MR
if you want to pursue this. If that's too much effort, feel free to send
the CSS to me in private.

> - Make Hard freeze not be two columns anymore

I don't really see what you mean here. There's two flavors in the hard
freeze, so we need a way to make that visible. I'm not seeing how you
convey that info in your new design (my e-mail client doesn't render the
boundaries and I didn't find your attachment).

> - Add a title to the first two rows

The second title is wrong. It's not "changeable", but "rule applies to".

> - Set Changeable packages for Transition and (build-)essential Freeze

Although, that feels a bit weird, because it *mostly* applies to
libraries and packages in (transitive) (build-)essential set, but
indeed, no package should upload large or disruptive changes anymore, so
it applies to all.

> I know this is only a minor change and you're probably busy with
> preparing the bullseye release, but I wanted to share it anyway if you
> want to use it in the future.

To the contrary, we try to have this information as crisp and clear for
all. Adding the CSS has been on our TODO list since we added the table,
it's just that....

Paul

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/release-team/release.debian.org/-/blob/master/www/bullseye/freeze_policy.md