Re: Tools to better colorize the command-line experience?

Hi Otto,

I rely on such helper utilities. Here I can list some recommendations.

On Thu, 2021-01-07 at 23:02 +0200, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Do you have any tips about generic command-line coloring programs?

1. [diff-highlight] highlighting .diff/.patch files

   located in package
   git: /usr/share/doc/git/contrib/diff-highlight
   (there was once a discussion about it on -devel)

2. [grc] generic colouriser for everything

   can colorize output of many commands such as
   ip, dig, ifconfig, findmnt, mount, ps, etc.

3. [python3-pygments] highlighting source code

4. for highlighting the shell command line itself, there are
   [fish] for out-of-the-box shell syntax highlighting, and
   an alternative [zsh-syntax-highlighting] for zsh. Doesn't
   know whether there is such thing for bash.