Re: Epoch version for golang-github-gomodule-redigo-dev?

Hello Mattia,

On Thu 26 Nov 2020 at 12:02PM +01, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:

> IIRC, there *used to* be an actual problem way back in some program that
> couldn't handle the : in filenames, and that's why they are not present to
> this day.  I argue that we could just put that : (or the %-encoded version,
> to avoid accidentally ssh-ing somewhere...) and be done with whatever
> problem.

Pretty sure you still can't have colons in filenames on Windows
filesystems.  Lots of USB flash drives are formatted by Windows, so we
risk making people's lives harder if they are having to rename things
before they can sneakernet them around when trying to get a system back
online.

--
Sean Whitton