Re: Accepting / adopting DEP-14

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 at 01:05:32 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> But given that we recommend upstream/latest for the upstream branch, I'm now
> leaning towards using debian/latest as default as well.

FWIW, I like this better than any of the other suite-neutral names that
I'd previously suggested. It has the advantage of making it obvious that
this name is only suitable for packages whose workflow is that they
will keep adding the latest versions to that branch, even if they are
only going to be uploaded to experimental (like gnome-shell, but unlike
dbus, which would instead rename its default debian/master branch to
debian/unstable or debian/sid, leaving debian/experimental for the latest
versions).

    smcv