Re: Tagging in Salsa -> upload: status?

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:24:18AM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> On 8/19/20 7:28 PM, Ansgar wrote:
> > Well, I can't fix it without creating dgit-ng (and setting up
> > infrastructure for that) as dgit upstream won't accept patches from me.
> That is just one of the reasons why I think that salsa should be used
> for "official" services like tag2upload.

What should Salsa be used for?  And what do you mean with "should be
used"?  Everyone can already setup services running of Salsa projects
and integrate using various technics.

About tag2upload, there we never left the "how should it work" stage.
(Okay, some thing different, but those are the ones proposing a solution
without collecting requirements first.) Talking about where it should
run might influence the solution, but not overall feature set.

Bastian

--
Warp 7 -- It's a law we can live with.