The "which -s" flag

Hi!

The "which" command is part of debianutils. On BSD and Mac, this command on Mac/BSD has a -s flag, for silent, when used it does not print, just return 0 if program found in $PATH or 1 otherwise. See man-page for FreeBSD https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?which(1)

This "which" is heavily used at the company where I work, for java
development etc like
which -s java || echo "You have to install java to run this program"

We have many shellscripts using this, but unfortunately they don't
work on GNU/Linux, only on Mac and BSD.

The current version of "which" supplied with Debian is written in shellscript
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debianutils/blob/master/which

To make my Debian installation compatible with "which -s" I have made a merge request for this
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debianutils/-/merge_requests/6/diffs

How to proceed to get the Merge request reviewed? I have never contributed to Debian before, but I am happy to do it :)

Best regards,
-Erik