Re: Why Vcs-* fields are not at least recommended ?

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 10:28:51 -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> On Wed 19 Aug 2020 at 12:49PM +02, Ulrike Uhlig wrote:
> > For actively maintained packages I personally do not understand that
> > people in 2020 develop code without using a VCS and still put out only
> > tarballs. But I might be unaware of some corner cases where this is the
> > only way to do it.
>
> AIUI there are some packages with huge assets which git can't handle.

Even those seem like a job for a debian/-only git repository
(gbp buildpackage --git-overlay, and avoid dgit, which AIUI always wants
everything from the source package to be in git) rather than having no
version control for the debian directory. See openarena-data, for example.

    smcv