documenting on how not starting a daemon upon installation

> On Sun, 8 Mar 2020, Marc Haber wrote:
>
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 21:30:33 +0100, Tomas Pospisek <tpo2@sourcepole.ch>
>
> >When I duckduckgo "dpkg do not start service on install" first hit is
> >[1] which contains /absurdly involved/ suggestions to achieve "not
> >starting a daemon upon installation".
> >
> >[1]
>
>https://askubuntu.com/questions/74061/install-packages-without-starting-background-processes-and-services#
>
> This is indeed bordering between incredibly funny and disturbing.
> Alas, it's a golden example for the quality of answers one gets in the
> Ubuntu universe.

Not commenting on Askubuntu: it is also an indication, that the "right
way" to do this is "way too badly documented".

In my logic, finding out how "not to start services on install" should
be documented in `man dpkg` or referenced from that man page. As far as
I could see there is absolutely no trace of any hint on how to do that
in that man page.

It might also be me not having read that man page closely enough to
discern the microbial hint to where to find that info.

So I think it would be proper to improve the documentation here. I as an
"advanced user" should not need to rely on second hand information via
StackOverflow but find it naturally through `man dpkg` and `man apt-get`
IMHO.

Currently I don't have any idea on how to go about this, i.e. where how
to document this and similar things. Suggestions, hints welcome.
*t

PS: sorry for not replying correctly to Marc's message (and thus
breaking threading), I have deleted that message already :-(