RFC: DEP-14 update, second attempt

[Resent as debian-devel doesn't allow attachments.]

Hello,

I tried to do a synthesis of past August/September thread on the finalization of DEP-14 [1], see:

https://salsa.debian.org/dep-team/deps/-/merge_requests/1/diffs

I took Raphaël's proposal [1] and integrated the following changes:

(1) DEP-14 is declared CANDIDATE instead of ACCEPTED, addressing
    Jonathan Dowland's concern [1], and that I agree with.
(2) Added default branch policy for native packages using Raphaël's
    proposed text [3], unchanged.
(3) Implemented Richard Laager's "Option C" [4], with a slightly
    different wording, more similar to Raphaël's initial proposal.
    The change aims at allowing the use of debian/unstable as the
    devel branch even if debian/experimental is not regularly used.
    I think there was consensus over this [5]. I tried to first
    express this in vendor-agnostic terms, then giving an example
    of what it means in Debian, in a separate paragraph.
(4) Minor changes (typos, removed trailing spaces, updated the
    final "changelog").

   However, when `<vendor>` has no concept of suite for the
   development release but has a fixed codename for it, the
   use of the `<vendor>/<codename>` scheme is accepted.

I'd like to include this, but I left it out as it wasn't discussed before. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Paride

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2020/08/msg00239.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2020/09/msg00305.html