Re: [nm.debian.org] Front Desk members and application approvals

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 11:27:03PM +0100, Dominik George wrote:

> in case I missed it, what is the background of this decision? Are
> there so many NM processes that DAM cannot catch up? Will Debian soond
> have so many legitimte project members that all the piled up work get
> smagically done by all those people?

The idea is partly to have a plan B for when DAM is busy and there are
obviously good applications in the pipeline.

The other part, is reducing centralisation of responsibility at least
for routine cases, and delegate a bit more: checks and approvals to
Front Desk, and raising issues to the body of Debian Developers at
large.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>