Re: Review on packages blocked from testing migration due to non-source-only upload

Hi,

在 2020-10-21星期三的 19:34 +0200,Paul Gevers写道:
> Hi Boyuan,
>
> On 21-10-2020 18:45, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> > Looking into https://release.debian.org/britney/update_excuses.html
> >  and
> > searching "source-only", you can find tens of (if not hundreds of)
> > packages that did not migrate to Debian Testing solely because of
> > having a non-source-only upload [1]. This especially applies to
> > arch:all packages since binNMU is still not possible yet.
> >
> > Since we are now months before the projected release freeze, it
> > might
> > be a good time to review all those affected packages and make sure
> > no
> > package misses the release solely due to that.
>
> If packages are already in testing, they'll have bugs [1] reported if
> the situation lasts longer than 60 days. Checking [1], there's not
> much
> packages in that state.
>
> [1]
> https://udd.debian.org/dev/bugs.cgi?release=bullseye&merged=ign&fnewerval=7&flastmodval=7&fusertag=only&fusertagtag=out-of-sync&fusertaguser=release.debian.org%40packages.debian.org&rc=1&ckeypackage=1&clastupload=1&cautormtime=1&sortby=lastupload_s&sorto=asc&format=html#results

There are also multiple packages that are not currently in Testing but
did not migrate solely due to non-buildd binaries. This especially
applies to those packages maintained by non-DD / non-DM where a package
sponsorship happened to pass NEW queue but later in lack of a following
source-only upload. This is happening every now and then and consists
of a considerable amount of packages stuck in Unstable.

Also I have observed the following scenario multiple times:

1. Package A's latest upload was a non-source-only upload before Debian
10 release
2. One of the package's dependency(B) becomes RC-buggy and removed from
Testing
3. Package A got removed from Testing together with B
4. The RC bug of package B got fixed and the fix enters Testing
5. Package A won't migrate to Testing due to non-source-only upload

This is actually reasonable though kind of unexpected. What I'm
proposing is to go through all packages in you hand (and ideally those
on the testing migration excuse page) and make sure such fallout won't
impact the next release.

Thanks,
Boyuan