Re: How does one package a multirepo project?

Le lundi 19 octobre 2020 à 10:06 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
> You might find some inspiration in the source package
> jsbundle-web-interfaces which uses version type "group" and
> mode=git,
> and sets individual version numbers for each binary package.
>
> Another example is matrix-mirage where one component is fixed at a
> specific release.

I tried quite a few things today, and didn't get anywhere useful. If I
use as d/watch:

version=4

opts=component=algorithm,mode=git,\
uversionmangle=s/(.*)/algorithm-$1/ \
https://github.com/jupyterlab/lumino \
refs/tags/@lumino/algorithm@@ANY_VERSION@ group

then I get a lumino_algorithm-1.3.3.orig-algorithm.tar.xz and its
content looks good. But if my d/watch lists the first two components
I'm interested in :

version=4

opts=component=algorithm,mode=git,\
uversionmangle=s/(.*)/algorithm-$1/ \
https://github.com/jupyterlab/lumino \
refs/tags/@lumino/algorithm@@ANY_VERSION@ group

opts=component=application,mode=git,\
uversionmangle=s/(.*)/application-$1/ \
https://github.com/jupyterlab/lumino \
refs/tags/@lumino/application@@ANY_VERSION@ group

then I get the first tarball right, but then uscan dies :

Successfully repacked ../lumino-algorithm-1.3.3.tar.xz as
../lumino_algorithm-1.3.3.orig-algorithm.tar.xz, deleting 443 files
from it.
fatal: not a valid object name: refs/tags/@lumino/application@1.11.0
uscan die: git archive failed at
/usr/share/perl5/Devscripts/Uscan/Output.pm line 58.

and if in the two-components d/watch I s/application/coreutils/g, I
*do* get two tarballs!

Notice that in any case the git bare repository has a name of the form
lumino-temporary.<number>.git, where it looks like the number is
increasing with time. That is probably (I'm not sure) bad : not all of
the components need the same thing, and in the triple component-
version-commit, for example, two components could have the same version
and still need different commits!

I'm still trying to know if the problem is sitting on the chair (I'm a
bit tired these days) or if the tool is not up to the job.

In any case : help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody...

JP