Re: Pimp your shell - Debian developer tips?

Awesome :D. I took a look at liquidprompt and the article having just
seen the email I'm responding to. It'll take a little getting used to,
but I'm liking it. I've just been using plain defaults (gnome terminal,
bash/dash) here except one customisation of re-enabling the colour
prompt to better find it in large output. Thanks for bringing this to
my attention!

One issue though, the article suggests placing this:
```
# Ensure Gnome Terminal shows the prompt correctly
PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]2;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}: ${PWD/$HOME/~}\007"'
PROMPT_COMMAND="history -a; history -c; history -r;$PROMPT_COMMAND"
```
into the .bashrc file, but not where is best to place it (or why it's
supposedly needed). Placing it at the end of the file, this results in
a prompt like this for me:

"${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}lyndon@laptop:~$"

which is clearly not right.

Placing it just before this block though:
```
if [ "$color_prompt" = yes ]; then
    PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\[\033[01;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[00m\]:\[\033[01;34m\]\w\[\033>
else
    PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\$ '
fi
```
it seems to avoid that bug, but I don't see an immediate difference to
not having it at all...