How to switch to DEP14 automatically for > 1000 existing repositories

Hi,

in teams where I have lots of packages (summing up to more than 1000)
I've touched) we followed the gbp default and have branches

    master
    upstream
    pristine-tar

and this is also the layout fixed in those team policies.  I admit I
don't have strong feelings about branch names but I'm willing to
normalize to some common standard which seems to be the now accepted
DEP14.  However, its not acceptable to change this manually.  As far as
to my experience it is hard to rename a default branch - at least I did
this in those rare cases when I had to rename a default branch by using
the Salsa web interface.

My guess is that the Salsa API provides means to script everything.  Is
there any existing script that supports this or is there any volunteer
to write it.  I would start migrating Debian Med, Debian Science and
R packaging team repositories once gbp also switched to DEP14.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de