Re: Nitrokey for DDs

Hi Jonas,

On 9/9/20 9:32 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Zlatan Todorić (2020-09-09 20:21:18)
On 9/9/20 7:48 PM, jathan wrote:
https://github.com/nitrokey
I find interesting and very nice Nitrokey as they are making their
products with Free Software! I think your proposal is good. Do you
know if the hardware of their keys is Open Hardware too? Anyway,
consider myself to help them keep growing as independent FOSS
vendor. Thanks for sharing this!
I snipped rest of my mail but you can see the part where I left the
github page and there they also publish their hardware schematics. :)
We all got different skills.  Personally, after trying with several
products to sift through git repositories for schematics, I have learned
that I cannot reliably assess if those are enough to build such hardware
or it only covers a subset or an outdated revision or maybe is missing
BOM or whatever.

Time for some sort Debian Hardware Team and gather there open source hardware (Free hardware) experts so they can compile list of the most acceptable hardware to Debian standards and also (don't yell on me!) maybe fund some Debian hardware experiments /o\. It would be cool to have Debian Developers working/collaborating in the world of hardware (bridging us to one more field/community).

Z (throwing random ideas)