Re: Mass bugs filing: autopkgtest should be marked superficial

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:53 PM Sudip Mukherjee wrote:

> If the test done in the autopkgtest does not provide significant test
> coverage then it should be marked with "Restrictions: superficial".
> I am still trying to figure out a generalized method to find them but
> an initial script has found 83 packages. Attached is the dd-list.

This sort of thing seems like something that will be an ongoing
problem so a more efficient way to solve it would be a lintian
warning, which should hopefully help prevent new occurrences. OTOH it
would be pretty hard to automatically check for these without a robust
shell parser. Perhaps morbig from Project CoLiS could be used for the
shell parsing and then a script could process the morbig output.
ShellCheck might be another option but it doesn't yet output parse
trees.

https://bugs.debian.org/932862
https://bugs.debian.org/629247
https://www.irif.fr/~treinen/colis/