Re: /usr/bin/tx: transifex-client and afdko shipping binaries under the same name

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 1:40 AM Yao Wei wrote:

> There's a serious bug when I am uploading afdko package, that one of the
> binaries in this package "tx" has name conflicting with
> transifex-client.

As transifex-client is client for the proprietary Transifex service,
personally I would just add a conflict.

Also talk to upstream about choosing a more appropriate name for the
tx program, that is way too short even if it weren't conflicting with
another package. Probably making all the commands in the afdko package
subcommands of a new afdko command would be the way to go (similar to
how git uses subcommands).

--
bye,
pabs