Re: isc-dhcp-client sends DHCPDISCOVER *before* wpa_supplicant authenticates/associates/connects.

On 2020-07-11 at 21:56, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Jul 11, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:
>
>>> (Way more people should switch from wpa_supplicant to iwd.)
>>
>> Difficult when network-manager depends (not recommends) wpa-supplicant:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/919619
>
> How to switch to iwd:
>
> apt install iwd
> cat << END > /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/iwd.conf
> [device]
> wifi.backend=iwd
> END
> systemctl restart NetworkManager

I don't run either systemd or NetworkManager, and I'm not currently
interested in changing either of those things, but I am interested in
trying out an alternative to wpa_supplicant. Is there an appropriate
similar procedure for such an environment, or would I have to experiment
and play around trying to get things to work?

I also have quite a few network definitions in wpa_supplicant.conf, and
I wouldn't want to have to re-enter them manually into a new system if I
could avoid it. Is there a migration procedure, other convenient way to
bring those settings across into iwd?

(I'm not at the computer involved at the moment, so I can't easily check
things to see whether any of the answers might be quickly obvious.)

--
   The Wanderer