freepats (was: Re: Intend to remove obsolete debhelper compat levels 5 and 6 before the release of bookworm (bullseye + 1)

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020, Niels Thykier wrote:
> This is a heads up about my intention to remove debhelper compat levels
> 5 and 6.  This is also an intention to do a MFB for this removal now at

> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>
>    freepats

Oh wow, I haven't looked at this package seriously for over a decade.

I will clean it up (switch it to new-style dh) and orphan it.  It is
*not* dead upstream but it needs someone that groks .sf2, .pat and
actively uses one of the MIDI renderers enough to actually tweak
soundfonts/patchbanks.

If anyone that likes to tinker around with MIDI wants this package,
please say so: it saves me the effort of orphaning it.

Active upstream is at:
http://freepats.zenvoid.org/index.html
http://freepats.zenvoid.org/SoundSets/general-midi.html

--