Re: isc-dhcp-client sends DHCPDISCOVER *before* wpa_supplicant authenticates/associates/connects.

Hi Jaime,

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:06:02PM +0100, Jaime wrote:

> I noticed that my debian wireless clients never get a DHCPOFFER from
> their first DHCPDISCOVER, and looking at the log shows why:

Yes, that's a long-standing issue.

The difficulty is that the ISC client is written to be very portable, and
there is no common interface for a program to be notified of interface
status changes, so implementing this properly would require larger changes
in both the client and the underlying support libraries that are shared
with the ISC DHCP server, the ISC DHCP relay and the ISC bind nameserver.

A less portable or featureful client has a greater chance of supporting
this directly.

   Simon