Re: DebConf20 registration is now open (with caveats)

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 10:44:01PM +0200, Daniel Lange wrote:
> We do suggest that attendees begin making travel arrangements as soon as
> possible, of course. Please bear in mind that most air carriers allow
> free cancellations and changes.

Please bear in mind that this is not true.

Free cancellation with cash refund if you book now for August but later
choose not to travel is not what most air carriers offer (except in fare
types that anyway permit it).

Typically you are getting in the best case a voucher, sometimes
a one-time opportunity to change the date of the flight to the
booked destination, and in the worst case travels in August are
not covered by "book with confidence" rules of the airline - it
is mandatory to read the fine print before booking.

cu
Adrian