Re: Maven packages in Debian (was Re: Progress in preparing the Bazel Build System for Debian (COVID-19 Biohackathon follow-up))

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 7:33 PM Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 2020, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > > Or perhaps we need a webpage or wiki page generated by parsing the
> > > Contents file and listing the matching Debian package for each class
> > > or, at least, Java package (unless split across multiple packages)…
> >
> > I remember times when such a web page (actually some autogenerated text
> > file) existed which was **extremely** helpful.  I wished this would be
> > back!
> >
> > > … I just volunteerd, didn’t I?
>
> Here you are:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenPkgs
>
> Sponsored by ⮡ tarent, see below.
>
> This is step 1, the list of all Maven packages ⇒ Debian package name.
> It doesn’t go as far as to map Java packages or even classes… yet.
> For this I’d have to download all those packages, extract them and
> look into the JARs. I’d prefer some central service to offer archive
> contents if possible (diffoscope already extracts archives anyway).

I have now made a list with package name, the jar files that it
provides and the list of class that the jar provides.
Not sure where to put that or if it is in an usable format. So,
initial version is at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A0tnTNofdNFuMwzrxV_HQE6npfpUglcS

I think, next I will make a sorted list so that it will be easy to
make a diff of what has changed.

--
Regards
Sudip