Re: reopening bugs closed by removal after package reintroduction?

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 7:15 AM Ulrike Uhlig wrote:

> Can you explain a bit better which issues this could cause to
> maintainers? About how many cases per year are we talking for example?

The issue is the extra work that triaging old bugs involves, vs just
ignoring the old bugs that may or may not still apply.

The latest dd-list I posted had 22 cases of packages reintroduced
since buster that still have bugs marked as closed with a version that
ends in +rm.

> I don't understand the question. Do you mean, that when these bugs are
> automatically reopened, maintainers would be required to triage them
> manually? If this is what you mean, it seems like what maintainers do
> anyway. Looking at your questions below, this is probably not what you mean.

That is what I mean. Based on the 22 cases I posted in the dd-list,
I'm not sure folks doing package reintroductions are aware of the need
to reopen the old bugs. For the people I've approached about this so
far (before this thread), they hadn't noticed the devref section about
it.

--
bye,
pabs